A gun-toting Dorchester man last week became the first Massachusetts defendant convicted by a jury that heard expert testimony on thermal imaging technology, which demonstrated that the gun he tossed into a snowy back yard had recently been carried by a person, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
A Boston Municipal Court jury on Monday convicted JOSE E. RODRIGUES (D.O.B. 6/30/84) of all charges stemming from his January arrest for carrying a loaded 9mm handgun on Whittemore Street in Dorchester. Following his conviction, Judge Sally Kelly sentenced him to two and a half years behind bars. more »
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today announced the indictment of three men in connection with the fatal shooting of Paula Castillo at a party celebrating her 18th birthday.
The indictments charge RUBEN SANCHEZ (D.O.B. 9/6/90) of Hyde Park with second-degree murder for Castillo’s Sept. 20 homicide on Hillis Road. more »
A Roxbury man was ordered held without bail today following his arraignment for the murder of 29-year-old Travis Lamont Davis this summer, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
Arrested Wednesday by Boston Police, STERLING FUSI (D.O.B. 2/17/86) was formally charged today with Davis’ June 5 shooting death on a back stairwell at Fusi’s 2 Centre Terrace residence in Roxbury. Acting on a request by Assistant District Attorney Edward Krippendorf of Conley’s Homicide Unit, Roxbury District Court Judge Kenneth Fiandaca ordered Fusi held without bail pending trial. more »
Not content with allegedly taking more than $10,000 for work his masonry company never performed, an East Boston man allegedly stole $20,000 more from a Winthrop church using blank checks taken from the rectory, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
MICHAEL BOCCHINO (D.O.B. 1/4/59) of East Boston was arraigned Nov. 18 on two counts of larceny over $250, one count of larceny under $250, and two counts of uttering a false check. Assistant District Attorney Jennifer OKeefe recommended that he be held on $5,000 cash bail; East Boston District Court Judge Roberto Ronquillo, Jr., released him on $1,000 personal surety, meaning that he could be financially liable for that amount if he does not appear for scheduled court dates. more »
A Level III sex offender was ordered held without bail until a Superior Court hearing next week can determine whether his pre-trial release would endanger an individual or the community, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
A Suffolk County Grand Jury yesterday returned four indictments charging DAVID FLAVELL (D.O.B. 6/22/69) with assault with intent to rape, two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and one count of assault and battery for the violent Oct. 22 attack of a 27-year-old woman. The indictments move Flavell’s case from the Boston Municipal Court to Suffolk Superior Court, where it will be adjudicated. more »
On Oct. 25, 2006, 70-year-old Edward Lee obtained a Dorchester District Court restraining order against his son, a Suffolk County homicide prosecutor told a Superior Court jury today. Three days later, a Roxbury woman discovered his severed head and limbs in her back yard.
It was Edward Lee’s son, BRIAN LEE (D.O.B. 9/14/63), who beat the man to death in the victim’s Hollingsworth Street home, mutilated his body with a power saw, and dumped portions of his remains in the Homestead Street compost barrels, said Assistant District Attorney Holly Broadbent. Brian Lee’s trial for first-degree murder began today. more »
An East Boston teen was charged with armed robbery and other offenses for allegedly robbing a Revere pizza deliveryman of his car and cash Friday evening, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
TOBY RYAN (D.O.B. 7/19/92) was arraigned today in Chelsea District Court on charges of armed carjacking, armed robbery, unlawful possession of a firearm, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Ryan was additionally charged in East Boston District Court with receiving a stolen motor vehicle after he was observed allegedly running from the vehicle near his Vallar Road home about an hour later. more »
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley this week delivered $5,000 in seized drug money to a program that works with girls to prevent commercial sexual exploitation, shining a light on a crime he said “thrives in the shadows.”
Conley delivered the money on Nov. 12 to Lisa Goldblatt Grace and the My Life My Choice Program, a non-profit service continuum operated by Justice Resource Institute and aimed specifically at preventing teenage girls from being exploited through prostitution. The funds will go toward deterring teens and young women from entering “the Life” and build their skills as leaders to help their peers. more »
Seven funeral attendees charged with beating a Hyde Park man to death this summer were held on half a million dollars’ cash bail and their five co-defendants charged with beating three surviving victims were ordered held on lower bails at their arraignments in Suffolk Superior Court today, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
The 12 defendants are charged with attacking four victims near the 33 Restaurant and Lounge on Stanhope Street in the early morning hours of Aug. 21. One of those victims, Jose Alicea of Hyde Park, was beaten so badly that he died of his injuries at Massachusetts General Hospital two days later; the remaining three survived their injuries. more »
A Dorchester man charged with shooting two men to death near a popular Uphams Corner restaurant was ordered held without bail at his arraignment today in Superior Court, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
EMMANUEL PINA a.k.a. EMMANUEL DePINA (D.O.B. 4/25/83) is charged with two counts of first-degree murder for the Aug. 2 shooting deaths of 20-year-old Jovany Eason and 47-year-old Manuel Monteiro at the Ka’-Carlos Bar and Grill. Pina is also charged with armed assault with intent to murder and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon for the non-fatal shooting of a third man and unlawful possession of a firearm. more »
The Suffolk County Special Grand Jury this week returned indictments charging 12 men with a total of 57 offenses, including seven counts of second-degree murder, for the beatings of four men outside a downtown bar this summer, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced today.
The 11-week investigation by the Suffolk DA’s and Boston Police Department’s homicide units identified seven suspects in the fatal beating of 30-year-old Jose Alicea on Stanhope Street in the early morning hours of Aug. 20. Evidence developed in that investigation indicates that those men and five others also beat three surviving victims during the same incident. more »
A twice-convicted killer was held on high bail today at his arraignment on charges that he robbed a Boston cab company two months after he was paroled, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
In addition to the $1 million dollars’ cash bail set by Boston Municipal Court Judge Sally Kelly, GERALD HILL (D.O.B. 11/2/62) was also held on a parole detainer, meaning that he will remain behind bars even if he posts bail. more »
A Dorchester man’s bail on an open case was revoked and an additional bail was set at $200,000 at his arraignment today as an accessory after the fact to the murder of 24-year-old Gregory Phillips, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Brighton District Court Judge David T. Donnelly revoked COREY PATTERSON’s bail on an unrelated drug and assault case out of Roxbury court, meaning that he will be held even if he posts the high bail set on the accessory charge today, Conley said. Patterson was also charged with three counts each of assault and battery on a police officer and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon – a shod foot. more »
An Everett man has been identified as the person who groped at least four women on Boston subway cars in the past six months, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
HUGO HERNANDEZ (D.O.B. 3/22/87) was arraigned this morning in the Boston Municipal Court on four counts of indecent assault and battery. Assistant District Attorney Patrick Devlin recommended that he be held on $25,000 cash bail; Judge Michael Coyne, noting that Hernandez is the subject of an immigration detainer, set bail at $2,000 on each count, for a total of $8,000. Coyne further ordered Hernandez to stay away from all MBTA stations and conveyances if he posts bail and to check in weekly with the Department of Probation. more »
In an effort to replenish a nearly barren interview site, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s victim witness advocates delivered more than a hundred toys, books, and games to the site where child victims of violence meet with prosecutors.
Members of Conley’s Victim Witness Assistance Program undertook the “Smiles for Suffolk” toy drive to restock the waiting and interview areas of the office’s Child Protection Unit late last month. In about two weeks, they bought and accepted as gifts dozens of stuffed animals, puzzles, picture books, and other items. more »
As Boston Police detectives closed in on his base of operations, a Dorchester drug dealer tossed his 9mm handgun out the window, only to have it land on a Boston Police car before bouncing onto the ground, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said in announcing the man’s conviction.
JOEL “NINETY” CLAY (D.O.B. 1/7/74) will serve up to 17 years in state prison for operating a crack cocaine enterprise from a vacant Sturbridge Street apartment, Conley said. Clay was convicted last week of trafficking in more than 200 grams of a Class B substance, unlawful possession of a firearm, and unlawful possession of ammunition. more »
A 48-year-old man who allegedly attacked a 61-year-old woman last night in downtown Boston, stole her purse and attempted to steal her car at knifepoint, was arraigned in Boston Municipal Court today and held on high bail, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
RICHARD E. MORSE (D.O.B. 12/23/60) of Boston was held on $150,000 cash bail at his arraignment on charges of kidnapping, carjacking, armed robbery, assault with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, attempt to commit a crime, and carrying a dangerous weapon. more »
A Level III sex offender was charged with trespassing and other offenses this morning after he was arrested at Massachusetts General Hospital yesterday, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
FRANCIS PELOSI (D.O.B. 9/23/53) of Boston was held on $1,000 cash bail today at his Boston Municipal Court arraignment for trespassing, disorderly conduct, threats to commit a crime, possession of a Class E substance, and larceny under $250. Assistant District Attorney Patrick Devlin recommended that his open bail for failing to register as a sex offender be revoked; Judge Edward Redd denied that request. more »
The Suffolk County District Attorney’s office today released the following statement on allegations of sexual abuse by a Boston Police officer against another Boston Police officer:
“For the past six weeks, Boston Police detectives and Suffolk County prosecutors conducted a comprehensive investigation of a report by a female Boston Police officer that she was repeatedly sexually assaulted by a male colleague in August and September of this year, and that one or more of those assaults took place in Boston. more »
A Roxbury man who allegedly lied to the grand jury investigating a Boston street worker’s near-fatal shooting was held on high bail following his arraignment this morning on a perjury charge, Suffolk County District attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
TYRONE ANDERSON (D.O.B. 11/22/84) was arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court on a single count of perjury for statements he allegedly made to the Suffolk County Grand Jury as it heard testimony about the shooting of a 30-year-old outreach worker on the night of Aug. 21. Assistant District Attorney Daniel Mulhern, the chief of Conley’s Gang Unit, recommended that he be held on $100,000; Clerk Magistrate Gary D. Wilson set bail in that amount. more »
File: Nov 2009 Press Releases
Type: Word 2007