Tedeschi Food Shops is posting a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the shooting death of 39-year-old Surendra Dangol, the clerk who was fatally shot at the Tedeschi Food Shops convenience store in Jamaica Plain on Dec. 26.
Boston Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis and Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced the reward today on behalf of Tedeschi Food Shops, Inc. more »
A 33-year-old Norwood man was held on high bail at his arraignment today on charges that he was drunk early Sunday morning when he drove the wrong way on Interstate 90 and collided with another vehicle, killing the passenger and seriously injuring the driver, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
PHILIP DANIELS (D.O.B. 3/7/76) was arraigned in the Boston Municipal Court on charges of motor vehicle homicide while under the influence of alcohol, operating under the influence of alcohol causing serious bodily injury, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, and operating a motor vehicle the wrong way. more »
Two young men and a juvenile were arraigned yesterday in West Roxbury Court on charges that they tackled a Jamaica Plain woman Tuesday night and were allegedly trying to steal her backpack when an unknown man confronted the assailants, scaring them away, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
At their district court arraignment, YAHYA AHMED, 18 (D.O.B. 1/1/91), of Jamaica Plain, and ATIF MOHAMMED 18 (D.O.B. 1/1/91), of Brighton were each charged with assault and battery and assault with intent to rob for their role in the Dec. 22 incident. more »
A 37-year-old man was arraigned today in Roxbury District Court on charges that he allegedly led police on a car chase from Roxbury to Charlestown on Wednesday morning, damaging several cars and injuring two people before he was apprehended, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
JOSE COSME (D.O.B. 7/8/72) of Quincy, was charged with negligent operation of a motor vehicle, speeding, failure to stop for police, two counts of leaving the scene causing personal injury, and four counts of leaving the scene causing property damage. Cosme was ordered held on $5,000 cash bail. more »
The co-owner of a downtown nightclub last week admitted to urging witnesses to destroy evidence and lying to police as they investigated a shooting outside his establishment early on New Year’s Day, Suffolk County District attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
SHAWN DONOVAN (D.O.B. 1/11/80) of Billerica on Friday pleaded guilty to two felony counts covered under the state’s witness intimidation statute. Suffolk prosecutors sought a 2½-year sentence in the House of Correction with one year to serve and the balance suspended for a three-year probationary term, along with drug dependency evaluation, treatment, and testing. Suffolk Superior Court Judge Carol Ball sentenced him to a one-year sentence suspended for one year. more »
Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis and Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today announced the arrest of a suspect in the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Guiliardo M. Rodrigues in 2006.
Based on evidence developed in the course of an ongoing investigation, investigators yesterday sought and obtained a warrant charging MANUEL “JUNIOR” DASILVA (D.O.B. 10/28/87) of Roxbury with Rodrigues’s murder. Boston Police took Dasilva into custody late yesterday. more »
A suspect in the April 1, 2006, shooting death of 18-year-old Guiliardo M. Rodrigues was ordered held without bail at his arraignment on a murder charge this morning, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
MANUEL DASILVA, Jr., a.k.a. “JUNIOR” (D.O.B. 10/28/87), of Roxbury was formally charged today with murder and unlawful of possession of a firearm – charges for which Boston Police arrested him last night amid an ongoing investigation. more »
A Lowell man first thought to have been beaten by an Allston mob was later charged with attempted murder after Boston Police interviewed a stabbing victim in the same hospital a short time later, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
MONIVIREAK MEAS (D.O.B. 1/1/85) was arraigned yesterday in Brighton District Court for the Sunday morning turn of events, which included his alleged stabbing a stranger in the chest. Assistant District Attorney Evan Turgeon recommended that Meas be held on $75,000 cash bail; Judge David Weingarten set bail at $5,000. more »
A Jamaica Plain youth was charged today with stabbing two fellow students at an area school, allegedly because they taunted him in gymnasium, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Suffolk prosecutors recommended $1,000 cash bail and a 4:00 p.m. curfew for the 13-YEAR-OLD MALE during his arraignment in the Juvenile Session of West Roxbury District Court. A clerk magistrate declined to set monetary bail or a curfew and instead ordered the boy to stay away from the victims and refrain from possessing any weapons. more »
A trio of men, none from Boston, were arraigned today for allegedly smashing the side mirrors of 12 parked cars as they walked through residential Brighton on Sunday morning, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
SERGEY VUYTIK (D.O.B. 2/26/85) of Melrose, VLADIMIR RASHKOVETSKY (D.O.B. 9/27/88) of Acton, and KONSTANTIN KRYSA (D.O.B. 4/24/87) of Watertown were each charged with 12 counts of malicious destruction of property over $250. The three men were released on personal recognizance after being ordered to stay away from the area of Chestnut Hill Avenue and Chiswick Road. more »
A Dorchester man tossed a semiautomatic handgun on a Dorchester street in February and today discarded a tortured explanation of how his fingerprints came to be found inside it, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
ANDRE McNEIL (D.O.B. 10/25/89) today pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and unlawfully carrying a loaded firearm in the Gun Priority Disposition Sessions, more commonly known as “Gun Court.” more »
State Police assigned to Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office and MBTA Transit Police are investigating an early-morning collision that left a 54-year-old pedestrian in intensive care.
State Police homicide detectives and MBTA Transit Police responded to the area of Huntington Avenue and Ring Road in Boston’s Back Bay shortly after 2:00 a.m. On arrival, they observed an MBTA bus that had been travelling westbound on Huntington Avenue when it apparently struck the male victim. Also responding were members of the State Police Crime Scene Services Section and Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Section. more »
A Suffolk Superior Court jury today declared itself hopelessly deadlocked in its deliberations on the fate of MARIO MARTINEZ BONILLA (D.O.B. 6/1/86), charged with first-degree murder for the fatal stabbing of 22-year-old Luis Garcia-Calle in Chelsea last year.
Jurors deliberated for almost three full days after hearing evidence that Martinez Bonilla instigated an altercation at El Carriel on Williams Street at about 10:00 p.m. on Feb. 27, 2008. When Garcia-Calle joined in efforts to remove Martinez Bonilla from the establishment, the defendant allegedly told him, “I’ll be outside.” more »
A Dorchester teen will serve at least a year and a half – and possibly as many as three and a half years – in jail following his conviction this week for unlawful possession of a loaded firearm he later tossed under a car near Pope John Paul II Academy in Dorchester, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
After deliberating for less than an hour, a Boston Municipal Court jury on Tuesday found BENJAMIN BROWN (D.O.B. 8/30/91) guilty of unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and carrying a loaded firearm. Assistant District Attorney Benjamin Goldberger of Conley’s Gun Prosecution Task Force recommended that he serve two years behind bars for the gun charge followed by two and a half years on the loaded firearm charge, with one year to serve and the balance suspended for a five year probationary term. more »
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today informed Boston Fire Commissioner Roderick Fraser that prosecutors would not seek criminal charges in connection with the Jan. 9 death of Boston Fire Lieutenant Kevin M. Kelley in a Mission Hill fire truck crash.
After an 11-month probe by Boston Police homicide detectives, renowned experts in the field of forensic motor vehicle examinations, and Suffolk County attorneys specializing in the investigation and prosecution of motor vehicle-related offenses, Conley said that no person or entity bore criminal responsibility for Kelley’s death, but recommended that training and maintenance – two of the “multiple, overlapping factors” in the fatal crash – should be revised to avoid future tragedies. more »
On the day he was set to pick a jury for his homicide trial, a 21-year-old Roxbury man took responsibility for fatally shooting a beloved Roslindale dance instructor two years ago, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Rather than face trial on the indicted charge of second-degree murder, SIRAAJ ABDULNUR (D.O.B. 12/1/88) today pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter for his role in the Oct. 7, 2007, stabbing death of 22-year-old Shawndel Mitchell. Superior Court Judge John Cratsley imposed the 16- to 18-year prison sentence recommended by prosecutors. more »
After deliberating for almost two full days, a Suffolk Superior Court jury today convicted a Mattapan man of first-degree murder under the theory of extreme atrocity and cruelty for fatally beating and subsequently dismembering his 70-year-old father three years ago, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
Shortly after the jury returned its verdict, Superior Court Judge John Cratsley sentenced BRIAN LEE (D.O.B. 9/14/63) to the mandatory sentence for murder one, life in prison without the possibility of parole. more »
Two juries have begun their deliberations after unrelated Suffolk County murder trials, both of which relied on witness observations to identify the defendants, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Separate Suffolk Superior Court juries are weighing the fates of BRIAN LEE (D.O.B. 9/14/63), charged with first-degree murder for the fatal beating and subsequent dismemberment of his father, Edward Lee, in Mattapan and MARIO MARTINEZ BONILLA (D.O.B. 6/1/86), likewise charged with murder one for the fatal stabbing of Luis “Tito” Garcia-Calle in Chelsea. more »
One of two men who shot 29-year-old Urel Duncan to death in 2007 was sentenced to life in prison today, setting the stage for his co-defendant’s trial next year, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
At sentencing this morning for DEMETRIUS WARDSWORTH (D.O.B. 12/26/88) of Roxbury, Duncan’s mother, Sandra Duncan, said her son “did everything he was supposed to do in his life. He went to school and he didn’t miss a day. He never got in any trouble. He started working when he was 13 years old and he never stopped working.” more »
A Weston teenager too young to drink legally was held on high bail at his arraignment today on charges that he drove drunk into a young woman, nearly killing her, and then fled the scene early Sunday morning, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
BENJAMIN D. KNOTT (D.O.B. 3/7/91) was arraigned in Brighton District Court on charges of reckless operation of a motor vehicle, operating under the influence of alcohol causing serious bodily injury, and leaving the scene of an accident causing personal injury. Assistant District Attorney Michael Callahan of Conley’s Major Felony Bureau recommended that he be held on $150,000 cash bail; Judge Eleanor Coe Sinnott set bail at $50,000. more »
Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis and Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today announced the identification of a suspect in the homicides of two 20-year-old women and a 19-year-old man in Dorchester earlier this year.
Suffolk prosecutors approved and Boston Police detectives today obtained an arrest warrant charging KERON PIERRE (D.O.B. 11/26/85), formerly of Mattapan, with three counts of murder for the March 29 shooting deaths of 20-year-old Shacora Gaines of Brockton, 20-year-old Chantal Palmer of Brockton, and 19-year-old Anthony Peoples of Boston. more »
A Suffolk Superior Court jury today convicted the first of two defendants to be tried for the 2007 murder of Urel Duncan and the non-fatal shooting of a surviving victim, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Jurors found DEMETRIUS WARDSWORTH (D.O.B. 12/26/88) of Roxbury guilty of all indicted charges – first-degree murder, armed assault with intent to murder, unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and unlawfully carrying a loaded firearm – after about two full days of deliberations. more »
A convicted bank robber was fingered as the alleged stickup man at a Dorchester credit union after Massachusetts State Police investigators recovered his prints on a note handed to the teller, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
PERRY LEARNING, a.k.a. PERRY HAMILTON (D.O.B. 3/13/81), was arraigned Tuesday in Dorchester District Court on a single count of unarmed robbery. Judge Robert E. Baylor ordered him held on $10,000 cash bail. more »
Two men identified as suspects in unrelated murder cases were arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court today, highlighting the importance of Suffolk County grand juries as investigative tools in complex cases, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
DANIEL EK (D.O.B. 7/13/86) of Lynn today became the eighth defendant to be charged with second-degree murder for the fatal beating of 22-year-old Jose Alicea. Ek was allegedly part of a mob that set upon the victim on Stanhope Street in the early morning hours of Aug. 21. Acting on a request by Assistant District Attorney Cory Flashner, Clerk Magistrate Gary D. Wilson set his bail at $500,000 cash. more »
Two Dorchester men were held on high bail today following their arraignments for allegedly shooting a Roxbury resident multiple times on Albion Street last night, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
VINCENT DAVIS (D.O.B. 10/16/91) and JESSE DeBURGO (D.O.B. 2/5/91) were both charged in Roxbury District Court today with armed assault with intent to murder and unlawful possession of a firearm for their alleged roles in the near-fatal shooting on Albion Street last night. DeBurgo, who allegedly drove the getaway vehicle, is additionally charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and registration. more »
A Charlestown woman today became the second person charged in an extensive investigation into OxyContin distribution in East Boston last year, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Arrested yesterday by State Police narcotics detectives assigned to Conley’s office, MICHELLE KELLY (D.O.B. 11/3/83) was arraigned today on a single count of distributing a Class B substance – OxyContin – within 1,000 feet of a school and within 100 feet of a park. Suffolk Superior Court Clerk Magistrate Robin Vaughan set her bail at $1,000 cash. more »
A Roxbury man who fled to Maine after allegedly gunning down Carl Bonnie last month was held without bail at his murder arraignment today, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Roxbury District Court Judge Tracy Lee Lyons ordered GREGORY KNIGHT (D.O.B. 5/16/82) held without bail, accommodating a request by Assistant District Attorney David Fredette. more »
A two-week holiday season toy drive at one of Boston’s busiest transportation hubs will benefit abused and at-risk children in Boston, Chelsea, Revere, and Winthrop through the Suffolk County Children’s Advocacy Center, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
The annual toy drive, organized by the Retailers of South Station and Equity Office, is under way and collecting unwrapped books, games, and toys from commuters and secret Santas alike. Upon its Dec. 16 completion, the goods will be delivered to the Children’s Advocacy Center for distribution to agencies countywide that work with child victims of physical and sexual abuse. more »
A Chips Ahoy cookie box full of crack cocaine led to a drug dealer’s seven-year state prison sentence, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
DEMETRIUS ENNIS (D.O.B. 1/4/82) pleaded guilty on Nov. 17 as his trial was set to begin in Suffolk Superior Court. Ennis admitted to trafficking in more than 28 grams of a Class B substance; Judge Regina Quinlan yesterday sentenced him to a term of five to seven years at the Massachusetts Correctional Institute at Cedar Junction. more »
Prosecution testimony is under way in the trial of a Chelsea man accused of stabbing 22-year-old Luis Garcia-Calle outside a Williams Street bar last year, causing injuries that killed the East Boston man in his hospital bed weeks later.
MARIO MARTINEZ BONILLA (D.O.B. 6/1/86) is charged with first-degree murder. His trial in Suffolk Superior Court began with jury selection yesterday and lawyers’ opening statements today. more »