A former MBTA driver faces an October trial on charges that she staged an armed robbery, lied about it to police, and then claimed more than $7,000 in worker’s compensation funds, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
NANCY PARKER (D.O.B. 10/12/58) of Burlington was arraigned Friday in Suffolk Superior Court on charges of worker’s compensation fraud, making a false police report, and misleading an investigator, a subsection of the state’s witness intimidation statute. more »
There will be no movies about this Charlestown robbery suspect.
Failed stickup man JOHN J. AHEARN (D.O.B. 1/8/81) admitted Wednesday to a string of robberies – only one of which was successful – in that neighborhood from late 2010 to spring 2011, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said. more »
The man who shot 20-year-old Moses Grant in the head, killing him, more than 25 years ago will not receive a new trial, a single justice of the Supreme Judicial Court ruled last week.
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said the Jan. 17 decision by Justice Margot Botsford ensures that HASSAN THOMAS will serve out the remainder of his life term for Grant’s 1996 homicide, for which he was convicted of first-degree murder under the theory of deliberate premeditation. more »
A woman who withheld part of her siblings’ shares of a settlement was sentenced to jail today for lying in court about the funds, with her husband receiving a shorter jail term for receiving and concealing money that he knew to be stolen, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
DELL LEATHERS-BUFORD (D.O.B. 9/29/69) and KEVIN BUFORD (D.O.B. 8/21/61), both of Brockton, were convicted of all charges Monday after a three-day jury trial in Suffolk Superior Court. Leathers-Buford had been indicted on two counts each of larceny over $250, embezzlement by a fiduciary, and perjury, while her husband had been charged with receiving stolen property over $250. more »
A South Boston man was charged with drug trafficking today after he allegedly signed for a package from England containing more than four pounds of raw opium poppies.
MATTHEW BERKOWITZ, 32, was arraigned this morning in South Boston District Court on charges of trafficking in a Class B substance and violating the state’s drug laws in a school zone. more »
A search warrant executed at an alleged drug dealer’s Dorchester residence turned up a loaded handgun, 400 rounds of ammunition, a laser sight, and a bulletproof vest in addition to narcotics, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
JOSEPH SARRO (D.O.B. 6/13/81) was arraigned yesterday in Dorchester District Court on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, unlawful possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number, and possession of Class A and Class D substances with intent to distribute. more »
A Brockton man was ordered held without bail today, more than four years after he allegedly gunned down 17-year-old David Jones in Roxbury, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
ANDRE McNEIL (D.O.B. 10/25/89) was arraigned on charges of murder and unlawful firearms possession in connection with the Nov. 14, 2007, incident that claimed Jones’ life on Bartlett Street just after the victim left Madison Park High School. more »
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley joined the coaches and captains of Boston’s Beanpot hockey teams at the Massachusetts State House today in observance of an annual event that asks boys and men to commit themselves to ending violence against women.
A former hockey coach himself, Conley took part in the event in advance of the fifth annual observance of White Ribbon Day in Massachusetts, standing alongside local and state officials and representatives of Jane Doe Inc., which organizes the yearly event locally as a way to prevent domestic violence and sexual assault. By taking the White Ribbon Pledge, males of all ages agree to be part of the solution in ending violence against women. more »
The second of two men accused of robbing a homeless man who uses a wheelchair was charged this week with the late December incident at a Boston shelter, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
RICHARD WIGGINS (D.O.B . 7/21/58) of Dorchester was arraigned in Roxbury District Court Wednesday on a single count of unarmed robbery. Assistant District Attorney Thomas Costello recommended that he be held on $5,000 cash bail and have his open bail on an unrelated offense out of Brookline revoked. Judge Pamela Dashiell set bail at $2,500 and declined to revoke his open bail. more »
A Suffolk County prosecutor today told a Superior Court jury in an opening statement that an 18-year-old Rhode Island man was shot and killed in 2006 while in town for the weekend visiting relatives – one of whom was a gang member and a “marked man”.
“This case is about the cold-blooded, senseless shooting death of 18-year-old Guiliardo Rodrigues on April 1, 2006 on Draper Street in Dorchester; a shooting death in an ongoing feud between a street gang that the defendant was a member of, and another gang based on Draper Street,” Assistant District Attorney Mark Hallal said at the start of MANUEL “JUNIOR” DASILVA’s first-degree murder trial. more »
A Boston man already charged with possessing child pornography was held on additional bail for allegedly recording a sexual assault on a child, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
DAVID ETTLINGER (D.O.B. 7/6/77), a resident of Allston/Brighton and a schoolteacher in Newton, was arraigned today in West Roxbury District Court on charges of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 and posing a child in a state of nudity. The former offense carries up to 10 years in state prison; the latter carries a mandatory minimum of 10 years and up to 20. more »
A Brighton man who works as a schoolteacher was arraigned today for allegedly possessing child pornography on his computer and faces additional charges in another Boston courthouse tomorrow, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
DAVID ETTLINGER (D.O.B. 7/6/77) was arraigned this afternoon in Brighton District Court on two counts of possessing child pornography, a felony punishable by up to five years in state prison. more »
Billie Marie Kee and her boyfriend, Kevin Thomas, were shot and stabbed to death in a “grisly” double murder that may have been related to a debt one of the killers allegedly owed, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office said today.
MICHAEL T. CORBIN (D.O.B. 11/10/70) and EARL FULGIAM (D.O.B. 4/14/80), both of Mattapan, were arraigned today in Suffolk Superior Court following their Dec. 21 indictments. Both are charged with two counts each of first-degree murder and armed robbery, along with additional firearms offenses stemming from the July 26, 2011, incident at the victims’ Hyde Park home. more »
A Dorchester man arrested by a Boston Police SWAT team this morning was held on half a million dollars’ cash bail at his arraignment on attempted murder and related charges stemming from a double shooting in Allston last month, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
PAUL ANTHONY BROWN (D.O.B. 9/7/86) is the second suspect to be charged in the Dec. 30 incident on Chester Street, which left two men with serious injuries. He is charged with armed robbery, armed assault in a dwelling, and armed assault with intent to murder. more »
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today released the following statement on the Supreme Judicial Court’s decision in Commonwealth v. Marcos Rodriguez: more »
A Mattapan man with a long criminal record was sentenced to life in prison today for shooting a drug dealer and beating a witness during a robbery inside an Upham’s Corner rooming house three and a half years ago, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
SHAHEED ABDULLAH (D.O.B. 6/25/67), a.k.a. SEAN FULLER, was convicted in October of armed robbery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, aggravated assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and unlawful possession of a firearm for the Aug. 25, 2008, incident on Hartford Street. more »
A teenager with no fixed address was held without bail today after a Suffolk County homicide prosecutor said he was responsible for attempted robberies that led to the shooting death of 36-year-old Ciaran Conneely and the non-fatal shootings of two other men last year, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
JOHN GRAHAM (D.O.B. 12/15/94) was arraigned today on charges of first-degree murder, armed assault with intent to rob, and unlawful possession of a firearm, all in connection with Conneely’s Oct. 10, 2011, slaying in Dorchester. more »
A Roxbury youth was held without bail today following his arraignment on charges that he shot 54-year-old Victor Brookens to death during a drug-related armed robbery, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
LUIS PIMENTEL, 18, was arrested this morning by Boston Police amid the ongoing investigation into Brookens’ Dec. 6 shooting death inside his Samoset Street apartment. He was arraigned this afternoon in Dorchester District Court. more »
A Roxbury youth has been committed to the Department of Youth Services for six years for bringing a loaded handgun into a Boston school last fall, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
DANTE HECTOR (D.O.B. 11/27/95) was 14 when he brought the firearm into the West Roxbury Educational Complex on the morning of Oct. 25, 2011. Hector pleaded guilty today to that offense and was sentenced by Juvenile Court Judge Terry Craven to DYS commitment to the age of 21. more »
The suspect in a robbery last month that targeted a pizza deliveryman was sent for a mental health evaluation at his arraignment today, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
JOSE MARTINEZ (D.O.B. 4/9/91) of Dorchester was arraigned in Dorchester District Court on charges of armed robbery, unlawful possession of a firearm, and assault with a dangerous weapon. After a court clinician found Martinez not competent to assist in his own defense, Judge Michael Coyne ordered the defendant to undergo a 20-day evaluation at Taunton State Hospital. more »
Two Dorchester men are behind bars on high bail today after their indictments for allegedly making threats relative to the shooting death of 16-year-old Jaivon Blake and the near-fatal shooting of a younger teen last year, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
The Suffolk County Grand Jury last month indicted MATTHEW MITTON (D.O.B. 9/8/90) and MICHAEL TAVARES (D.O.B. 12/1/87) on multiple counts of witness intimidation, with Mitton facing four counts and Tavares facing three. more »
A Newton man with a long history of driving offenses was arraigned this morning on charges stemming from the death of Francis McInerney on VFW Parkway this summer, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
ZYOMA VASSERMAN (D.O.B. 3/5/63) is charged with motor vehicle homicide, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, and the civil infraction of speeding, all in connection with the 17-year-old West Roxbury youth’s death on the night of June 14, 2010. more »
The state’s highest court today upheld a Roxbury man’s conviction for the slaying of 18-year-old Waymond G. Pearson on Cambridge Street nine years ago, rejecting an argument that four stab wounds and eight additional lacerations didn’t constitute extreme atrocity or cruelty, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
The Supreme Judicial Court affirmed the first-degree murder conviction of VICTOR YOUNG (D.O.B. 6/16/80) in connection with Pearson’s Sept. 14, 2003, stabbing death during an early-morning brawl on Cambridge Street. Young was convicted of that offense based on the theories of deliberate premeditation and extreme atrocity or cruelty after a week-long trial in 2006. He was also found guilty of armed assault with intent to murder for stabbing another victim who survived. more »