Press Releases from 2012
Aug 29, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 29, 2012—Two men were formally charged with murder today in unconnected Boston homicides, with one being sent to a secure facility for a mental health evaluation and the other being held without bail, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

JAHVON GOODWIN (D.O.B. 8/26/91), formerly of Boston but recently staying in Lynn, was arraigned in Roxbury District Court today on a murder charge stemming from the Aug. 15 stabbing death of 24-year-old Rashad Lesley-Barnes. more »


Aug 27, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 27, 2012 – A Cambridge resident was arraigned Friday on charges he had used another man’s identity for nearly two decades, allegedly scamming more than $65,000 worth of state benefits for which he was not eligible, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

The Suffolk County Grand Jury on May 1 returned indictments charging FREDERICK CROSS (D.O.B. 6/16/44) with four counts of identity theft, two counts of making false claims to a government agency, and single counts of forgery or misuse of a Registry of Motor Vehicles document, making false statements to obtain public assistance, making false statements to obtain medical assistance, and making false statements under penalty of perjury. more »


Aug 23, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 23, 2012 – A man already wearing an ankle bracelet for an indecent assault conviction was arraigned yesterday for allegedly masturbating in a downtown coffee shop, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

TYLER H. GRACE (D.O.B. 3/19/82) of Quincy was formally charged with open and gross lewdness yesterday in Boston Municipal Court. Prosecutors requested $5,000 bail, which was imposed by Judge Michael J. Coyne. Coyne also ordered Grace held pending a hearing to determine whether he violated the terms of a probationary sentence following his incarceration on a Norfolk County indecent assault and battery conviction. more »


Aug 21, 2012

Boston, August 21, 2012 – The state’s highest court today affirmed an Everett man’s conviction and life sentence for the 2005 murder of Lourdes Hernandez during an armed robbery, rejecting the defendant’s claims of impropriety during the trial prosecutor’s closing argument, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

The Supreme Judicial Court affirmed the 2006 conviction of EDWIN MEJIA (D.O.B. 6/2/78) for first-degree murder in Hernandez’ June 11, 2005, stabbing death as she worked an unscheduled shift at the LukOil Mini-Mart on Geneva Avenue in Dorchester. more »


Aug 21, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 21, 2012 – A tip from a civilian eyewitness allowed Revere police to seize an illegal firearm and charge its alleged owner with gun and ammunition charges, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

VLADIMIR VALDERRAMA (D.O.B. 2/5/89) of Chelsea was arraigned yesterday in Chelsea District Court on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and unlawfully carrying a loaded firearm. Valderrama was also charged with disorderly conduct and violating a Revere city ordinance against carrying a knife. more »


Aug 20, 2012

Boston, August 20, 2012 – A 911 call for a domestic violence assault led to a Dorchester man’s arrest last week on assault and ammunition charges, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

TYRONE GOFORTH (D.O.B. 7/17/80) was arraigned Friday in Dorchester District Court on charges of assault and battery, assault and battery on a police officer, resisting arrest, unlawful possession of ammunition and a firearm violation with three or more prior convictions for violent or drug-related crimes. more »


Aug 17, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 17, 2012—Boston Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis and Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today renewed their call for assistance in the investigation into the shooting deaths of Kirsten Lartey, Sharrice Perkins, and Genevieve Phillips.

Officials welcome any information from members of the public, but are specifically asking individuals with knowledge of the facts and circumstances of the Aug. 12 incident to contact the Boston Police Homicide Unit at 617-343-4470. more »


Aug 17, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 17, 2012—A South Boston man already on bail for allegedly seeking sex with a 15-year-old girl was one of five men arraigned today on charges that they solicited sex from Boston Police officers, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

Arrested yesterday by the Human Trafficking Division of the Boston Police Department’s Family Justice Unit and arraigned today in the Boston Municipal Court were: more »


Aug 17, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 16, 2012—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley yesterday celebrated a decade as the chief law enforcement officer for Boston, Chelsea, Revere, and Winthrop with a youth soccer tournament loaded with special guests and giveaways in Dorchester.

Each summer since his 2002 election as Suffolk DA, Conley has welcomed kids and teens from across Suffolk County to the DCR Pope John Paul II Field in Dorchester for a day of the world’s most popular sport. Yesterday’s Soccer for Peace tournament was no different, but in addition to bringing more than 100 members of the county’s youth together with Conley’s prosecutors, victim advocates, and support staff, yesterday’s games also featured: more »


Aug 10, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 10, 2012—An MBTA bus driver was arraigned today on charges that she intentionally drove her vehicle into a City of Boston Transportation Department employee trying to give her a ticket, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

LATARIA MILTON (D.O.B. 2/18/78) of Somerville was formally charged in Roxbury District Court today with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon — a motor vehicle – and reckless operation of a motor vehicle for the incident in Kenmore Square yesterday. more »


Aug 9, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 8, 2012—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today delivered the following statement on the Supreme Judicial Court decision in In the Matter of the Enforcement of a Subpoena, which noted that a district attorney had filed a complaint with the Commission on Judicial Conduct.  District Attorney Conley does not by this statement confirm that he or his office is the complainant referenced in this opinion, as the CJC proceeding remains confidential:

“The Supreme Judicial Court today made clear that the Special Counsel should continue with his investigation of a judge accused of willfully disregarding the law.  The high court confirmed that the Special Counsel properly issued a subpoena in that investigation and may question the judge about a pattern of bias shown in 58 separate criminal cases.   This number far exceeds the examples the Court relied on in disciplining other judges in the past, where there were as few as 6 and at most 29 cases that showed misconduct. more »


Aug 9, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 8, 2012—A Jamaica Plain man opened fire in a downtown strip club early this morning, injuring two men and leaving one of them in critical condition, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

Boston Police arrested STEVE GAYLE (D.O.B. 12/18/77) moments after the incident inside the Glass Slipper on La Grange Street, a remnant of Boston’s notorious Combat Zone. Gayle was arraigned early this afternoon in the Boston Municipal Court, where Judge Eleanor Coe Sinnott set bail at $125,000 on each of two dockets – one for each shooting victim – for a total of $250,000. more »


Aug 7, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 7, 2012—A Brighton man was held on high bail for allegedly setting the fire that led Boston firefighters and police officers to discover a dead body in a Fidelis Way apartment, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

HUAN YUAN LI (D.O.B. 7/28/57) was arraigned in Brighton District Court today on charges of arson, assault with a dangerous weapon, and hindering a firefighter for allegedly setting the fire and threatening responding firefighters with a pair of scissors as they attempted to douse it. Judge David T. Donnelly imposed $100,000 cash bail and ordered Li to surrender his passport. more »


Aug 7, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 7, 2012—A Boston University hockey player admitted to groping a resident advisor, accepting three criminal convictions for the incident at a Buick Street dormitory building late last year, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

COREY TRIVINO (D.O.B. 1/12/90) pleaded guilty to two counts of assault and battery and one count of trespassing for the Dec. 11 incident. Brighton District Court Judge Patricia Bernstein sentenced Trivino to the sentence recommended by prosecutors: two years of probation with orders to remain alcohol-free, submit to random urine testing, attend weekly meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous, undergo a mental health evaluation, and have no contact with the victim. more »


Aug 2, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 2, 2012—Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis and Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today announced that a suspect is in custody for the Tuesday night stabbing of his nephew, 43-year-old Curtis Cox, who died yesterday of his injuries.

DERRICK BULLOCK (D.O.B. 8/13/71) of Mattapan is currently held on $50,000 cash bail for allegedly stabbing Cox in the neck Tuesday night on Blue Hill Avenue. Responding Boston Police arrested Bullock shortly after the incident and Suffolk prosecutors arraigned him yesterday in Dorchester District Court on charges of aggravated assault and battery and armed assault with intent to murder. more »


Aug 2, 2012

BOSTON, Dec. 14, 2011—A one-time Brighton resident was barred from contact with children today as he was sentenced for sexually abusing three children while he served as a rabbi at a Brookline school more than 35 years ago, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.

STANLEY LEVITT (D.O.B. 4/4/46), who now lives in Philadelphia, pleaded guilty yesterday to all four pending indictments charging him with indecent assault and battery on a child. Those charges reflect sexual misconduct with three of Levitt’s male students during the 1975-1976 calendar year. more »


Aug 1, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 1, 2012—A woman accused of throwing paint at a memorial to the Civil War’s famed “Glory Regiment” of African American soldiers was sent for a mental health evaluation at a secure facility today after her arraignment in Boston Municipal Court, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

ROSEMINE OCCEAN (D.O.B. 11/30/73) of Quincy was formally charged today with vandalizing an historic marker and two counts of malicious destruction of property for her alleged actions yesterday at the memorial to the 54th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry and its commanding officer, Colonel Robert Gould Shaw. The property of several visiting tourists was also damaged during the incident. more »


Aug 1, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 1, 2012—A reverend at a South Boston church was held on high bail today after his arraignment on charges that he possessed and distributed child pornography using a computer in its rectory, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

ANDREW URBANIAK (D.O.B. 6/17/71), a.k.a. ANDRZEJ URBANIAK, was charged in South Boston District Court with one count each of possession of child pornography and distributing images of a child in the nude. more »


Aug 1, 2012

BOSTON, Aug. 1, 2012—A former Brighton resident who worked as a religious teacher in Brookline today admitted to all of the charges accusing him of improper sexual contact with children in his care during more than 30 years ago, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.

Rabbi STANLEY LEVITT (D.O.B. 4/4/46), most recently of Philadelphia, pleaded guilty as his trial on four counts of indecent assault and battery on a child was set to begin. He faces sentencing tomorrow morning. more »