BOSTON, Oct. 31, 2013—A New York man with a lengthy record for selling counterfeit tickets was arraigned today for allegedly plying his trade at Fenway Park just hours before the Red Sox won the 2013 World Series, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
CLARK L. BELL (D.O.B. 5/10/80) of New York City was formally charged in Roxbury District Court today with larceny over $250, uttering a false document, and providing a false name to police. Prosecutors recommended $7500 cash bail and orders to stay away from Fenway Park, to remain in Massachusetts pending trial, and to check in with a probation officer once per week. Judge Tracy-Lee Lyons imposed $5000 cash bail and all the recommended conditions of release if he posts that amount. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 31, 2013—A dozen people arrested in Boston after last night’s World Series win appeared in a Boston courtroom today, with 10 of them being arraigned today on charges related to their alleged conduct, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Of the 12 people arrested by Boston, State, and MBTA Transit police, Roxbury District Court Judge Tracy-Lee Lyons dismissed one case for lack of probable cause and continued a second man’s case for arraignment at a later date. Those two men were a 23-year-old Allston man arrested by Transit Police for trespassing into the tunnel leading from the Blandford Street MBTA stop toward Kenmore Square and a 20-year-old Northeastern University student who allegedly refused to follow Boston Police officers’ orders to leave the area of Kenmore Square and recorded the confrontation on his cell phone. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 31, 2013—A Watertown man was arraigned today on charges he struck two cyclists in Allston and fled the scene, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
JOSEPH BESNILIAN (D.O.B. 2/26/90) was arraigned in Brighton District Court on charges of operating under the influence and two counts of leaving the scene of an accident causing personal injury. Assistant District Attorney Sheila Lawn requested that bail be set in the amount of $5,000. Judge David Donnelly declined to impose monetary bail and released Besnilian on his own recognizance with orders that he wear a GPS monitor, refrain from driving, remain drug and alcohol-free, and abide by a curfew. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 30, 2013—A Dorchester teen was arraigned yesterday after MBTA Transit Police investigating a cell phone theft found Facebook photos depicting him in the exact clothing he wore during the robbery, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
The 17-year-old male, who is not being identified because he is a juvenile under Massachusetts law passed last month, was arraigned yesterday in the juvenile session of Dorchester District Court on a single count of unarmed robbery. At the request of Assistant District Attorney Courtney Doherty, Clerk Magistrate Michelle Bulger set bail in the amount of $500 and ordered him to stay away and have no contact with the victim, abide by home rules and a curfew, and to attend school daily. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 29, 2013—A man accused of attacking and robbing a woman in Roxbury was arraigned yesterday after police officers recognized him from a wanted poster, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
JAMES KEANE (D.O.B. 6/12/66) was arraigned yesterday in Roxbury District Court on charges of armed robbery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and larceny over $250. Assistant District Attorney Teresa Jauregui requested that bail be set at $15,000 and, if he is to make bail, that he stay away and have no contact with the victim. Judge John McDonald set bail in the amount of $5,000 and imposed the recommended conditions. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 28, 2013—A former resident of a Revere group home was convicted of murdering Stephanie Moulton, a 25-year-old employee remembered as deeply committed to the residents she served, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
After about a day and a half of deliberations, a Suffolk Superior Court jury convicted DESHAWN JAMES CHAPPELL (D.O.B. 9/9/83) of first-degree murder under the theory of deliberate premeditation in Moulton’s 2011 stabbing death. Judge Jeffrey Locke sentenced him to the mandatory life term without the possibility of parole a short time later. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 24, 2013—A Randolph man who once worked at a Winthrop auto body shop was sentenced to life in prison yesterday after his conviction for rape of a child as a second offense, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
A Suffolk Superior Court jury yesterday convicted WILLIAM “FRANK” ANDRADE (D.O.B. 11/8/55) of three counts of rape of a child and five counts of indecent assault and battery on a child. At a second set of proceedings today, Judge Elizabeth Fahey found that he was the same individual convicted of rape of a child in 1992 – a crime for which he was sentenced to seven to 10 years in prison. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 22, 2013—A former employee at a Boston hospital was arraigned today on charges that he used his medical access to obtain more than 500 bottles of Ketamine, a controlled substance, for his own purposes, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
JOSHUA SMITH (D.O.B. 5/8/83), formerly of Somerville and now a resident of Worcester, is charged in Brighton District Court with 18 counts of larceny of a drug. Assistant District Attorney Sheila Lawn recommended that he be held on $10,000 cash bail and that he wear a GPS monitoring device, stay away from his former employer, surrender his passport, remain drug-free, and submit to random drug tests if he posts that amount. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 22, 2013—A Concord man will have to watch the 2013 World Series on television after being ordered to stay away from Fenway Park for allegedly trying to make off with some unlicensed souvenirs, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
THOMAS ROBBINS (D.O.B. 4/22/90) was arraigned in Roxbury District Court yesterday on charges of attempting to commit a crime – larceny over $250 – and trespassing. Judge Pamela Dashiell granted Assistant District Attorney William Doogan’s request that bail be set in the amount of $300 and that Robbins be ordered to stay away from the location of the offense, America’s most beloved ballpark, for the pendency of the case. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 21, 2013—A former Massachusetts Capitol Police officer was sentenced to at least two months behind bars today after his conviction for indecently assaulting a female acquaintance, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
A Suffolk Superior Court jury last week convicted THOMAS PARKER (D.O.B. 6/1/41) of indecent assault and battery and two counts of assault and battery. Assistant District Attorney Elizabeth Riley recommended that Parker be sentenced to 2½ years in a house of correction, with one year to serve and the remaining balance suspended for a period of five years. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 18, 2013—A former chemist at the Department of Public Health’s Hinton Laboratory was arraigned today for allegedly driving drunk and rear-ending another vehicle, injuring its pregnant operator, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
HEVIS LLESHI (D.O.B. 1/4/82) of Quincy was formally charged in Chelsea District Court with operating under the influence for the incident earlier this week in Revere. Assistant District Attorney Christopher Henry recommended $5,000 bail and orders that she remain free of drugs and alcohol, submit to random testing, and not drive while the case is pending; Judge Benjamin Barnes released her on her own recognizance with prosecutors’ recommended conditions of release. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 18, 2013—A West Roxbury couple and their son were each arraigned today on charges of operating a Ponzi scheme that bilked investors of more than $10 million, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
STEVEN PALLADINO (D.O.B. 9/11/57), LORI PALLADINO (D.O.B. 2/17/61), GREGORY PALLADINO (D.O.B. 3/7/85), and the company the family operated – VIKING FINANCIAL GROUP – were arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court this morning on one count each of larceny over $250, larceny over $250 from a person over 60. Steven, Lori, and Gregory Palladino were each additionally charged with conspiracy to commit larceny. Gregory Palladino faced additional charges of withholding evidence and three counts of usury. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 16, 2013—A Lawrence man whose prison sentence was stayed last year after allegations of malfeasance against a former state chemist today had that stay revoked after his arraignment on new charges of drug trafficking, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
PEDRO HERNANDEZ (D.O.B. 7/26/67) and his stepson, ELIONEL BURGOS (D.O.B. 10/18/94) of Hyde Park, were each arraigned in West Roxbury District Court yesterday on a charge of trafficking in heroin. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 16, 2013—A four-month investigation that included more than a dozen undercover drug buys culminated this weekend in the seizure of a handgun, ammunition, more than a kilogram of heroin, and more than $3,000 in cash, Revere Police Chief Joseph Cafarelli, State Police Colonel Timothy Alben, and Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
JEAN CARLOS ORFIL ARIAS TEJADA (D.O.B. 7/29/89) of Brighton, ENYER OSIEL MARTINEZ-AVALOS (D.O.B. 7/5/90) of Revere, and RAFAEL MAYSONET-PAGAN (D.O.B. 3/18/89) of Revere were arraigned yesterday in Chelsea District Court. All three are charged with 13 counts of distribution of a Class A substance, two counts of trafficking in a Class A substance, unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 16, 2013—A Mattapan man was held on high bail at his arraignment yesterday on charges of being a career criminal in possession of a firearm, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
CALVIN STOKES (8/14/78) was arraigned in Boston Municipal Court on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of a loaded firearm, and unlawful possession of ammunition. He was additionally charged as a Level III armed career criminal based on 2010 convictions for distribution of a class B substance and possession with intent to distribute a class B substance, a 2006 conviction for possession with intent to distribute a class B substance, and a 1993 adjudication of delinquency on a charge of second-degree murder as a juvenile. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 11, 2013—A Suffolk Superior Court judge has joined the state’s highest court in denying a new trial for the man who killed Jason Bachiller, Jihad Chankhour, Edwin Duncan, and Christopher Vieira in the basement of a Bourneside Street home seven years ago, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
In an expansive, 71-page decision, Judge Patrick Brady used the phrase “without merit” more than two dozen times to describe a motion by CALVIN CARNES, Jr. (D.O.B. 8/8/86) seeking a new trial in one of the bloodiest crimes in Boston’s history. In a separate decision, Brady also denied any further evidentiary hearings in the case, effectively putting an end to the defendant’s appeals from four convictions for first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery, two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm, and single counts of larceny over $250 and unlawful possession of a large-capacity firearm. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 10, 2013—A Chinatown travel agent was arraigned today on charges she used her position to steal thousands of dollars from customers, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
LINDA DO (D.O.B. 4/7/56) of Dorchester was arraigned on 14 separate dockets charging 14 counts of larceny over $250 and nine counts of larceny over $250 from a person 60 or older. The charges reflect a total of 14 victims, nine of whom are 60 or older. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 10, 2013—A Dorchester man today admitted stabbing 30-year-old Thomas Whitley to death after a fight inside a Roxbury liquor store three years ago, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
TAJUAN HOLLOMAN (D.O.B. 5/7/71) pleaded guilty to the crime of manslaughter for stabbing Whitley outside Dearborn Liquor Store in Roxbury on Nov. 6, 2010. At the request of Assistant District Attorney David Deakin, Suffolk Superior Court Judge Christine McEvoy sentenced Holloman to 12 to 13 years in state prison. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 9, 2013—A Chelsea man was ordered held without bail at his arraignment today on charges he murdered his 88-year-old landlady this summer, Hilda Devincenzo, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
FELIX MELENDEZ (D.O.B. 2/10/78) was arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court this morning on charges of first-degree murder, robbery of a person over 60, and receiving stolen property over $250. At the request of Assistant District Attorney Tara Burdman, Clerk Magistrate Connie Wong ordered Melendez held without bail. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 8, 2013—A 15-year-old from Dorchester was arraigned today on attempted murder and firearm charges after he was identified as the gunman in a shooting last night, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
The teen, whose name is not being released because of his age, was arraigned in the juvenile session of Dorchester District Court on charges of delinquency to wit: armed assault with intent to murder, unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building. Assistant District Attorney Amanda Cascione requested that the defendant be held on $250,000 bail and have his bail be revoked in an open case out of Boston Juvenile Court charging him with possession of burglarious tools and attempting to commit a crime. Judge Leslie Harris set bail in the amount of $500,000. He declined to revoke the defendant’s bail. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 7, 2013—A man accused of stealing a Boston Police cruiser and using it to strike a pursuing officer was ordered held on high bail at his arraignment today, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
WILFREDO RODRIGUEZ (D.O.B. 10/20/75) was arraigned in South Boston District Court on charges of armed assault with intent to murder, receiving a stolen motor vehicle, breaking and entering a vehicle at night with intent to commit a felony, leaving the scene of an accident causing personal injury, possession of burglarious tools, resisting arrest, operating with a suspended license, reckless operation of a motor vehicle, and two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, as well as a second docket charging receiving stolen property over $250 and possession of burglarious tools. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 3, 2013—A motorcyclist who crashed on Storrow Drive yesterday has died of his injuries and State Police are investigating the incident, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
The single-vehicle collision took place yesterday at about 2:50 p.m. on Storrow Drive eastbound near the Bowker Overpass. Preliminary evidence suggests that the operator, a 35-year-old Brighton man, lost control of the motorcycle, striking a curb and then a pole. He was transported to Brigham and Women’s Hospital and succumbed to his injuries last night. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 2, 2013— A man was arraigned today on charges he attacked a woman at an MBTA station last month, District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
STEVEN COLLA (D.O.B. 8/11/62), who is homeless, was arraigned in Boston Municipal Court on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Assistant District Attorney Eliana Nuzum requested bail be set in the amount of $10,000 and that Colla stay away from the location where the incident occurred and stay away and have no contact with the victim if he were to post bail. Judge Michael Coyne released Colla on his own recognizance and ordered him to stay away and have no contact with the victim. more »
BOSTON, Oct. 1, 2013—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today delivered the following statement on the indictment of RYAN DUNTIN (D.O.B. 3/24/82), indicted by a statewide grand jury on human trafficking charges after an investigation by Attorney General Martha Coakley’s office. Duntin was previously convicted in Suffolk County in 2007, prior to the passage of Massachusetts’ human trafficking legislation. more »