BOSTON, June 27, 2014—Suffolk County prosecutors and State Police detectives assigned to the Suffolk DA’s office are investigating the death of a Chelsea man at Whidden Memorial Hospital after a confrontation with Chelsea Police officers who responded to his residence for a report of an emotionally disturbed person.
The deceased has been identified as 56-year-old Dominic Graffeo. The cause and manner of his death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. more »
BOSTON, June 26, 2014—A Suffolk Superior Court jury today acquitted a man of murdering Brenda Pawlowski in Jamaica Plain three years ago, but found him guilty of possessing the weapon with which she was killed.
After about eight days of testimony and two days of deliberations, jurors found LARRY PACK (D.O.B. 5/3/82) of Mattapan not guilty of murder in Pawlowski’s Feb. 8, 2011, shooting death but convicted him of unlawful possession of a .45 caliber semiautomatic handgun ballistically matched to the slaying. Jurors also convicted Pack of possessing a silencer for that handgun, possessing Class A and Class B substances – cocaine and heroin – with intent to distribute, and possessing a firearm in the commission of a felony. more »
BOSTON, June 25, 2014—A Norwood man is the first person in Suffolk County to be charged under the state’s updated “upskirting” statute after a woman gave police photographs she’d taken of a man who pointed his iPad’s camera up her skirt, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
JOSHUA GONSALVES (9/19/90) was arraigned in West Roxbury Municipal Court on a charge of photographing an unsuspecting person in the nude. The statute was updated earlier this year after the Supreme Judicial Court’s ruled against Suffolk prosecutors and found that the previous version of the statute on the books in Massachusetts did not provide protection against the act of photographing intimate parts of a person’s body otherwise covered by clothing. The current iteration of the statute, signed into law March 7 at Conley’s urging, closed that loophole. more »
BOSTON, June 25, 2014—A livery driver was held on high bail today after his arrest by Boston Police detectives for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman and taking her property while she was in his vehicle, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
HASHI K. SAID (D.O.B. 2/3/74), a.k.a. SAID SAID, was arraigned today in South Boston Municipal Court on charges of aggravated rape, indecent assault and battery, assault and battery, unarmed robbery, receiving a stolen credit card, and improper use of a credit card. more »
BOSTON, June 25, 2014—A Cambridge man has been found guilty on all charges following his trial for raping two women during a 2008 home invasion in Allston, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
A Suffolk Superior Court jury deliberated for one day before finding MARCOS COLONO (D.O.B. 11/21/77) guilty of four counts of aggravated rape, two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, and single counts of home invasion and armed burglary. more »
BOSTON, June 18, 2014—A Dorchester man was sentenced to life in prison yesterday after admitting that he stabbed 72-year-old Mary Miller to death in the Codman Hill Avenue apartment building where they were neighbors, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
TU NGUYEN (D.O.B. 4/30/83) pleaded guilty late yesterday to second-degree murder for the 2012 homicide. Suffolk Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Locke sentenced him to the mandatory term of life in prison, followed by a 10-year term for burglary. more »
BOSTON, June 17, 2014—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today invited non-profit organizations that work with kids and teens to apply for his annual series of cash awards that provide the young people of Boston, Chelsea, Revere, and Winthrop with constructive alternatives to crime and drug use.
The annual funds, which total $50,000 this year, are disbursed from Conley’s Asset Forfeiture Community Reinvestment Program. The program takes cash and assets seized in drug trafficking prosecutions and awards them to non-profit organizations that help Suffolk County’s young people avoid drugs, gangs, and other risky activity. more »
BOSTON, June 16, 2014— A Chelsea man was ordered held on high bail after his arraignment today on charges he beat a woman with a metal pipe, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
MANUEL MARROQUIN (D.O.B. 10/5/87) was arraigned today in Chelsea District Court on charges of armed assault with intent to murder and aggravated assault and battery causing serious bodily injury. Assistant District Attorney David Bradley of the DA’s Senior Trial Unit requested that bail for Marroquin be set in the amount of $250,000. Judge Michael Nestor imposed $100,000 bail. more »
BOSTON, June 12, 2014—A Malden man has been sentenced to life in prison for the Labor Day 2010 murders of 25-year-old Angel Acevedo and 26-year-old Jenret Appleberry, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
A Suffolk Superior Court jury found STEVEN ANDRE (D.O.B. 5/5/88) guilty of two counts of first-degree murder in the shooting deaths of Acevedo and Appleberry inside their Chelsea apartment on the night of Sept. 5, 2010, as well as armed robbery, unlawful possession of a firearm, and assault with a dangerous weapon for threatening the life of another resident. more »
BOSTON, June 12, 2014—A Roxbury man was arraigned today on charges he showed up at a high school graduation armed with two loaded guns, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
ADONIS ALVAREZ (D.O.B. 7/23/95) of Roxbury was arraigned in Boston Municipal Court on two counts each of unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and carrying a loaded firearm, and a single count each of resisting arrest and receiving stolen property over $250. Assistant District Attorney Peter Pasciucco of the DA’s Gun Prosecution Task Force requested bail of $25,000 with orders that Alvarez wear a GPS monitor, abide by a curfew, and stay away from the location of the incident in the event that he is released on bail. Judge Robert McKenna imposed $15,000 and all of the requested conditions of release. more »
BOSTON, June 10, 2014—A Milton man was held on high bail at his arraignment Monday on charges he stabbed two people outside a Theater District nightclub, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
NJISANE CHAMBERS (D.O.B. 9/29/87) was arraigned in Boston Municipal Court on two counts of assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon. At the request of Assistant District Attorney Eric Anderson, Judge Robert McKenna imposed $25,000 bail and ordered Chambers to wear a GPS monitor, abide by a curfew, and stay away and have no contact with the victims in the event he is released on bail. more »
One Victim Sustained Life-Threatening Injuries; Second Victim’s Wounds Less Serious
BOSTON, June 10, 2014—A West End man was held on high bail yesterday at his arraignment on charges that he nearly killed a man by stabbing him in the stomach during an altercation at Wonderland MBTA station, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said. more »
BOSTON, June 9, 2014— A Dorchester man was arraigned Friday after an investigation by MBTA Transit Police led to his arrest for allegedly pulling a knife on a woman pushing a baby stroller, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
ROGER HINES (D.O.B. 2/5/85) was arraigned Friday in the Boston Municipal Court on a charge of assault with a dangerous weapon. Judge Eleanor Sinnott granted Assistant District Attorney Jessica Erickson’s requests for $15,000 cash bail and a GPS monitor in the event that Hines posts that amount. more »
BOSTON, June 5, 2014—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley, Massachusetts State Police Colonel Timothy P. Alben, and Boston Police Commissioner William B. Evans today reminded residents, visitors, and incoming summer school students to exercise caution on the Charles River Esplanade, particularly at night, in light of past sexual assaults in that area.
Authorities recommended that joggers, cyclists, pedestrians, and others remain alert and aware of their surroundings if they visit the Esplanade at night and travel in groups if possible. More specifically, they recommended avoiding one-on-one contact with strangers, seeking help if a stranger tries to isolate them, and never getting into a car with a person they don’t know. more »