Press Releases from 2015
Sep 30, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 30, 2015—A Dorchester teen out on bail in a pending gun case had that bail revoked after he was arrested on new firearm charges Monday, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

The 17-year-old male from Dorchester was arraigned yesterday in the juvenile division of Dorchester Municipal Court on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and carrying a loaded firearm.  At the request of Assistant District Attorney Adam Foss, Judge Peter Coyne set bail in the amount of $20,000 and revoked the juvenile’s open bail in a January gun case.  more »


Sep 28, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 23, 2015—More than two decades after he sexually assaulted a young child living in his home, a Dorchester man has been sentenced to state prison and the adult survivor of his abuse declared herself “liberated,” Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

OLEN PETERSON (D.O.B. 1/11/58) was convicted Sept. 18 of one count of rape of a child and three counts of indecent assault and battery of a child. Assistant District Attorney Alissa Goldhaber of the DA’s Child Protection Unit recommended that Peterson serve 12 to 15 years in prison followed by 10 years of probation with strict conditions intended to ensure he does not reoffend.  more »


Sep 23, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 23, 2015—A former funeral director who continued to operate without a license was sentenced to prison today for stealing nearly $150,000 from clients and storing the remains of 12 bodies in a Weymouth storage facility, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

During an appearance today in Suffolk Superior Court, JOSEPH V. O’DONNELL (D.O.B. 9/10/58) today pleaded guilty to charges of:

  • Unlicensed practice of funeral direction,
  • Larceny over $250,
  • Larceny by scheme,
  • Fiduciary embezzlement by scheme – a charge covering the theft of nearly $150,000 from 31 victims,
  • Four counts of forgery,
  • Four counts of uttering,
  • Four counts of common law uttering,
  • Four counts of filing a false death certificate,
  • Six counts of larceny of over $250 from a disabled person,
  • 11 counts of larceny of over $250 from a person over 60, and
  • 12 counts of improper disposal of a human body

more »


Sep 22, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 22, 2015—A Suffolk Superior Court jury today convicted a livery cab driver of kidnapping, raping, and stealing from a female passenger last year, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

Jurors deliberated for approximately three hours before finding SAID SAID (D.O.B. 2/3/74) a.k.a HASHI K. SAID of Quincy guilty of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated rape, indecent assault and battery, assault and battery, larceny from a person, and improper use of a credit card over $250.  He faces sentencing Oct. 1. more »


Sep 22, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 21, 2015—The South End man linked by DNA evidence to a series of sexual assaults has been charged in a nine-count indictment for the four attacks on women during a four-year period, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

The Suffolk County Grand Jury today returned nine indictments charging ALEJANDRO DONE (D.O.B. 9/13/86) of the South End with:

  • Rape in connection with an assault in Joe Moakley Park on July 29, 2006;
  • Rape and assault with intent to rape for a June, 16, 2007, attack along the Esplanade;
  • Aggravated rape, assault with intent to rape, kidnapping, and armed robbery in connection with a July 29, 2007, attack along the Esplanade;
  • And aggravated rape and kidnapping for an assault near Preble Circle on June 13, 2010.

more »


Sep 21, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 21, 2015— A Westwood man accused of sexually assaulting a woman in the Fenway area was held without bail pending the outcome of a dangerousness hearing later this week, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

MICHAEL PURPURA (D.O.B. 06/22/79) was arraigned in Roxbury Municipal Court today on a charge of aggravated rape for a Sept. 15 assault in the area of Queensberry Street.  At the request of Assistant District Attorney Rebecca Corke of the DA’s Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Unit, Judge David Poole ordered that Purpura be held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing under Chapter 276, Section 58A, of the Massachusetts General Laws, which allows a judge to hold a defendant accused of certain offenses without bail for up to 90 days pending trial upon “clear and convincing evidence that no conditions of release will reasonably assure the safety of any other person or the community.”   That hearing is scheduled to take place at 2:00 p.m. Thursday. more »


Sep 21, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 21, 2015—The mother of 2-year-old Bella Bond was held on $1 million dollars’ cash bail as an accessory after the fact to her murder, and the woman’s boyfriend was ordered held without bail for the murder itself, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

Dorchester Municipal Court Judge Thomas Kaplanes imposed the bail orders at the arraignments of MICHAEL PATRICK McCARTHY (D.O.B. 5/29/80) of Quincy and RACHELLE DEE BOND (D.O.B. 7/25/75) of Dorchester on the request of Assistant District Attorney David Deakin, chief of the DA’s Family Protection and Sexual Assault Bureau. more »


Sep 18, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 18, 2015–Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today delivered the following remarks on the identification of Bella Bond, known only as “Baby Doe” after her body was found in a trash bag almost three months ago, and charges against two defendants: more »


Sep 14, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 14, 2015—The man accused of stabbing 29-year-old Sean Dwyer to death outside his Dorchester barbershop was arraigned on a murder indictment today, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

DOMINIC SHINER (D.O.B. 1/6/82) was arraigned on one count of first-degree murder in connection with Dwyer’s Dec. 12, 2014, homicide. At the request of Assistant District Attorney Julie Higgins, Clerk Anne Kaczmarek ordered him held without bail pending trial. more »


Sep 8, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 8, 2015—The young man found with fatal stab wounds on Constitution Beach yesterday has been identified as 15-year-old Wilson Martinez of East Boston, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

State Police homicide detectives assigned to Conley’s office are investigating Martinez’ death after his body was discovered yesterday morning. The Suffolk County State Police Detective Unit is assigned because Constitution Beach is State property overseen by the Department of Conservation and Recreation. more »


Sep 8, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 8, 2015—The man serving a life sentence for murdering 28-year-old Jeff Santiago as he lay wounded on the floor of a Chelsea strip club in 2008 will not receive a new trial, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.

The Supreme Judicial Court today issued a decision affirming the 2010 first-degree murder conviction of JESSE CAMACHO (D.O.B. 5/7/87) of East Boston in Santiago’s shooting death and the non-fatal shootings of another man and an employee of King Arthur’s Lounge after a physical altercation prompted by an associate of Santiago. more »


Sep 8, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 7, 2015–State Police detectives assigned to Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office are investigating an apparent fatal stabbing on Constitution Beach this morning.

The Suffolk County State Police Detective Unit — along with uniformed troopers from the Revere barracks, the Crime Scene Services Section, Marine Unit, and other State Police assets — responded to an area of the beach near the East Boston Yacht Club after a passerby observed the body of an adult male near the waterline. more »


Sep 3, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 3, 2015—A man on probation for one OUI case and in default on another will be held without bail for at least 60 days after allegedly striking a woman with his car and speeding away from the scene, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

WILLIAM DAVIS WATSON (D.O.B. 4/15/78) of South Boston was arraigned in South Boston Municipal Court today on charges of operating with a suspended license, leaving the scene of a collision causing injury, and the civil offense of failing to stop at a crosswalk. The charges stem from a collision yesterday evening in which he allegedly hit a 60-year-old South Boston woman on William Day Boulevard. more »


Sep 1, 2015

BOSTON, Sept. 1, 2015—Scientists have completed another round of specialized testing that may offer some information on the unidentified toddler found dead on Deer Island this summer, but the results are preliminary and require further study, authorities said today.

Stable isotope ratio analysis compares residual oxygen isotopes in human hair and teeth with known levels in drinking water across various geographic locations. As part of their investigation into the unknown child’s identity, State Police Detectives assigned to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office submitted evidentiary samples to a Utah lab that specializes in this analysis. more »