DA Conley Welcomes First Facility Dog Assigned to a New England Prosecutor’s Office
BOSTON, Sept. 18, 2014—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s latest hire is only two years old and doesn’t talk much, but he’s bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and already working like a dog. more »
BOSTON, Sept. 18, 2014— A Superior Court judge has denied a motion for a new trial by the man who murdered off-duty Revere Police Officer Daniel Talbot, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley announced.
In a decision filed Friday and received by prosecutors late yesterday, Suffolk Superior Court Judge Patrick Brady denied the motion filed by ROBERT IACOVIELLO, Jr. (D.O.B. 6/19/87), who is serving a life sentence after a jury convicted him of second-degree murder in Talbot’s 2007 shooting death. more »
Prosecutors Against Gun Violence to Hold First-Ever National Summit in October to Combat Gun Violence
BOSTON, Sept. 17, 2014—In a groundbreaking effort to combat gun violence, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley has joined 22 prosecutors representing major jurisdictions throughout the United States to announce the formation of PROSECUTORS AGAINST GUN VIOLENCE (PAGV), an independent, non-partisan coalition organized to identify and promote prosecutorial and policy solutions to the national public health and safety crisis of gun violence. more »
BOSTON, Sept. 15, 2014—A Dedham man is being held on high bail after he was indicted using cutting-edge DNA testing that allegedly implicates him and excludes his twin brother as a suspect in a pair of abductions and sexual assaults in 2004, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
DWAYNE McNAIR (D.O.B. 1/30/81) was arraigned today in Suffolk Superior Court on eight counts of aggravated rape and two counts of armed robbery for two separate attacks on women in September 2004. Assistant District Attorney David Deakin, chief of the DA’s Sexual Assault and Family Protection Bureau, requested bail of $1 million; Clerk Magistrate Gary Wilson imposed $500,000 bail and orders that he wear a GPS tracking device if he posts that amount. more »
BOSTON, Sept. 12, 2014—A Stoughton man was sentenced to state prison today after admitting that he was driving drunk when he crashed his car and killed his passenger, 20-year-old Evan Bard, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
SEAN E. JACKMAN (D.O.B. 1/18/89) pleaded guilty to a charge of motor vehicle homicide while operating under the influence of alcohol during an appearance today in Norfolk Superior Court. At the recommendation of Assistant District Attorney Melissa Brooks of the DA’s Major Felony Bureau, Norfolk Superior Court Judge Kenneth J. Fishman sentenced him to three to five years in prison. more »
BOSTON, Sept. 12, 2014—A Dorchester man will spend at least the next 15 years in prison for shooting 28-year-old Shawnray Taylor to death during a fistfight, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
ANDREW BRITT (D.O.B. 3/24/94) today admitted to manslaughter and unlawfully possessing the firearm used in Taylor’s fatal shooting. Judge Thomas Connors imposed the sentence recommended by Assistant District Attorney Tonya Platt of 15 to 18 years in prison for manslaughter and a concurrent sentence of four to five years on the firearm charge. more »
BOSTON, Sept. 11, 2014—Three people were arraigned last week on charges they robbed a livery driver at knife point, but were apprehended the very next day when they attempted to lure a second driver from the same company to a similar fate, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
MOLIJAH BUREY (D.O.B. 11/14/91) of Dorchester, NADIGE AIME-BASKIN (D.O.B. 6/27/95) of Mattapan, and NICOLE JACKSON (D.O.B. 1/2/95) of Mattapan were arraigned on Friday in Dorchester Municipal Court on charges of armed robbery and attempted armed robbery. Burey was additionally charged with malicious destruction of property over $250 and furnishing a false name. more »
BOSTON, Sept. 4, 2014—Observant Boston Police officers may have prevented a shooting when they spotted a man who may have been involved in a fistfight reaching for something in his waistband while staring intently at a stopped car, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
MARCUS JONES (D.O.B. 9/20/91) of Mattapan was arraigned in Dorchester District Court Tuesday on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and carrying a loaded firearm. He was additionally charged as a Level II armed career criminal based on a prior adjudication of delinquency on a juvenile case charging assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. more »
BOSTON, Sept. 3, 2014—A Chelsea man has been sentenced to life in prison after he admitted to murdering 21-year-old Elder Morales, whom he wrongly believed to be a gang rival, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
JONATHAN CASTRO (D.O.B. 7/30/90), a.k.a. JONATHAN CASTRO SOLA, a.k.a. MANUEL JONATHAN CASTRO MENJIVAR, today pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in Morales’ March 5, 2013, shooting death; armed assault with intent to murder for firing upon a second man in the same incident; unlawful possession of a firearm, and carrying a loaded firearm. At the recommendation of Assistant District Attorney Mark Zanini, Suffolk Superior Court Judge Thomas Connors imposed the mandatory term for second-degree murder of life in prison with the eligibility for parole after 15 years, with concurrent sentences of 10 to 12 years for armed assault with intent to murder, four to five years for unlawfully possessing the firearm he used in the murder, and 2 ½ years in the house of correction for carrying a loaded firearm. more »
BOSTON, Aug. 29, 2014—A year and a half after the Massachusetts Appeals Court affirmed a murder conviction in the 2006 slaying of Dominique Samuels, the Supreme Judicial Court reached the same conclusion and denied her killer’s efforts to reverse it, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said today.
The 26-page decision authored by Justice Barbara Lenk is expected to end any further appeals by RODRICK JAMES TAYLOR (D.O.B. 5/15/71), who was found guilty of second-degree murder for strangling the 19-year-old Milton High School graduate to death in the early morning hours of April 28, 2006, then setting her remains on fire in Franklin Park to destroy any forensic evidence that might incriminate him. His 2008 trial was one of the longest homicide trials in Suffolk County history, with some 30 witnesses offering testimony over the course of almost seven weeks. more »
BOSTON, Aug. 28, 2014—Two H-Block gang members pleaded guilty today to their respective roles in the 2010 shooting death of 14-year-old Jaewon Martin, Suffolk County Distyrict Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
TIMOTHY HEARNS (D.O.B. 3/13/90) and RAMON SILVELO-MILES (D.O.B. 11/30/89) pleaded guilty to manslaughter for Martin’s May 8, 2010, homicide, as well as three counts of armed assault with intent to murder and related offenses for firing at three other teens at a basketball court near the Bromley Heath housing development. more »
BOSTON, Aug. 27, 2014—A Chelsea man became the second defendant to receive state prison time today after a jury convicted him of his role in the group beating of another man on Broadway two years ago, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
A Suffolk Superior Court jury yesterday found ENRRY GARCIA (D.O.B. 2/6/93) guilty of two counts of aggravated assault and battery with a dangerous weapon – a shod foot and a brick – for the 2012 attack on the 21-year-old victim. Jurors acquitted Garcia of a third count of aggravated assault and battery with a dangerous weapon for the use of a screwdriver in the incident; the screwdriver belonged to the victim. more »
BOSTON, Aug. 25, 2014—Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley today delivered the following remarks on the arraignment of KEITH WILLIAMS (D.O.B. 7/13/96) on charges of murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and gun charges in connection with the fatal shooting of 26-year-old Dawnn Jaffier on Saturday morning. Williams was ordered held without bail and will return to court on Oct. 14 with attorney John Galvin. more »
BOSTON, Aug. 22, 2014—DeAndre Russ was murdered at age 22, but his family today expressed forgiveness for the man who killed him, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Their words came at a sentencing hearing this afternoon for DAVID YARDE (D.O.B. 9/16/90) of Dorchester, convicted Aug. 6 of second-degree murder and unlawful possession of a firearm for shooting Russ dead outside a 2012 party on Tremont Street. more »
BOSTON, Aug. 20, 2014—A man who allegedly stole an SUV with a teenage boy inside was held on high bail at his arraignment yesterday thanks to the exhaustive efforts of Revere Police and the quick thinking of the young victim, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
ROBERT CONSOLO (D.O.B. 1/11/82) of Melrose was arraigned in Chelsea District Court yesterday on charges of carjacking, kidnapping, larceny of a motor vehicle, and taxi fare evasion. At the request of Assistant District Attorney Myriam Feliz, Judge Matthew Nestor imposed $20,000 bail. more »